From Mayflower DNA
Surnames of Mayflower passengers , with links to corresponding mtDNA results pages, are listed below.
|Husband’s name||wife’s name ||Wife aboard Mayflower||Known living descendants||Known living maternal line descendants||mtDNA haplogroup|
|Alden, John||Priscilla Mullins||H6a1a9|
|Allerton, Isaac||(first wife) Mary Norris||W5a2|
|Allerton, Isaac||(second wife) Fear Brewster|
|Allerton, Bartholomew||(first wife) Margaret (Unknown) and (second wife) Sarah Fairfax|||
|Maverick, Moses||Remember Allerton||W5a2|
|Cushman, Thomas||Mary Allerton||W5a2|
|Billington, John||Elinor (Unknown) |
|Billington, Francis||Christian PENN Eaton|||
|Bradford, William||(first wife) Dorothy May|
|Bradford, William||(second wife) Alice CARPENTER Southworth|
|Brewster, William||Mary (Unknown)||I4a|
|Browne, Peter||(first wife) Martha (Unknown) Ford|
|Browne, Peter||(second wife) Mary (Unknown)|||
|Chilton, James||(poss.) Susanna (Unknown) ||T2b+16288C|
|Winslow, John||Mary Chilton||T2b+16288C|
|Cooke, Francis||Esther/Hester Mahieu||J1c2 |
|Cooke, John||Sarah Warren ||H1j|
|Doty, Edward||(second wife) Faith Clarke |
|Eaton, Francis||(first wife) Sarah (Unknown)|
|Eaton, Francis||(third wife) Christian Penn |
|Fletcher, Moses||(first wife) Mary Evans|
|Fletcher, Moses||(second wife) Sarah (UNKNOWN) Denby |
|Fuller, Edward||(Unknown) (Unknown)|
|Fuller, Samuel (son of Edward Fuller)||Jane Lothrop|||
|Fuller, Samuel (brother of Edward Fuller)||(second wife) Alice Carpenter|
|Fuller, Samuel||(third wife) Bridget Lee|
|Hopkins, Stephen||(first wife) Mary Kent||V|
|Hopkins, Stephen||(second wife) Elizabeth Fisher||H27|
|Snow, Nicholas||Constance Hopkins||V|
|Hopkins, Giles||Catherine Whelden|
|Howland, John||Elizabeth Tilley||H1a1|
|presumably never married||Desire Minter|
|More children||Ellen, Jasper, Mary|
|More, Richard||(First Wife) Christian Hunter|||
|Mullins, William||Alice (Unknown)||H6a1a9|
|Priest, Degory||Sarah ALLERTON Vincent|
|Rogers, Thomas||Alice Cosford|||
|Rogers, Joseph||Hannah (Unknown)|||
|Samson, Henry||Anne Plummer|
|Soule, George||Mary Buckett (Beckett)||H1g1|
|Standish, Myles||(first wife) Rose (Unknown)|
|Standish, Myles||(second wife) Barbara (Unknown)|
|Tilley, John||Joan HURST Rogers||H1a1|
|Warren, Richard||Elizabeth Walker||H1j|
|White, William||Susanna Jackson |
|White, Resolved||Judith Vassall||H6a1b2a|
|White, Peregrine||Sarah Bassett|
|Winslow, Edward||(first wife) Elizabeth Barker|
|Winslow, Edward||(second wife) Susanna JACKSON White|
- Also including wives of Mayflower passengers who came over later and had descendants living today
- Names in Italics are not Mayflower Passengers, but their wife was a passenger.
- links to sub-pages under development
- according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mayflower_Society
- Italics indicate that the haplogroup result is based on previous testing through other projects (usually HVR only) and may not be precise. In some of these cases, the result could be inaccurate due to inadvertent errors in lineage tracing. See surname sub-pages for further details and references.
- Fear had a daughter Sarah, born abt 1626, but no further record has been found. She likely died young.
- Bartholomew returned to England and married. He is said to have had at least four children, but no lines have been traced to the present day.
- After John’s death, she married Gregory Armstrong
- widow of fellow Mayflower Passenger Francis Eaton
- Mayflower Families through Five Generations ("Silver Books") vol. 21 (Billington) names a number of female mtDNA descendants. As such, it is believed there are mtDNA descendants still living.
- widow of Edward Southworth
- William and Alice had one daughter, Mercy (born before the May 1627 Cattle Division). Mercy married (Plymouth 21 Dec 1648) Benjamin Vermayes of Boston. Neither Mercy, nor any of her children, were mentioned in Gov. Bradford's 1657 will, so it is assumed she died shortly after marriage, with no surviving children.
- widow of _______ Ford
- Martha had two daughters. Younger daughter Priscilla (c1628-1698) married William Allen of Sandwich and had no children. Elder daughter Mary (c1626-1683) married Ephraim Tinkham and had 6 sons and 1 daughter, Mary (1661-1731). This daughter Mary married John Thomson and had 9 sons and 3 daughters (Mary, Martha & Sarah). None of these three daughters ever married, so the mtDNA line of Martha, first wife of Peter Browne has died out.
- Mayflower Families through Five Generations ("Silver Books") vol. 7 (Browne) lists a small number of female mtDNA descendants of the Sixth generation. It is likely there are still living mtDNA descendants.
- For a discussion about the tentative identity of her given name, see her wiki.
- daughter of Mayflower passenger Richard Warren
- She married second, John Phillips
- she married second, fellow Mayflower Passenger Francis Billington
- Francis and Christian had one daughter, Rachel. Rachel married Joseph Ramsdell, but only had one son, Daniel.
- She was the widow of William Denby
- The Great Migration Begins I:681 states all of Moses Fletcher’s children were by his first wife
- The Great Migration Begins I:712 stated Edward only had two sons
- A number of female mtDNA descendants of the fifth and sixth generation documented in Mayflower Families through Five Generations ("Silver Books") vol. 4 (Edward Fuller). Believed to have living mtDNA descendants
- The Great Migration Begins I:716 stated only child of second wife died in infancy
- William Bradford reported where Samuel Fuller had a child born in Leiden and two children (Samuel & Mercy) in New Plimouth. Neither of the children were mentioned in the May 1627 Cattle division, so were born after this date. Only Samuel and Mercy were mentioned in their father's Jul 1633 will, but Bradford stated the child born in Leyden "came afterward". Mercy was mentioned by Bradford in his 1651 "Increasings" (but only where the two children "are living and grown up to years") with no further record found for Mercy. A Bridget Fuller married Henry Sirkman in Plymouth on 30 Sep 1641. Many believe this was the third child mentioned by Bradford. Unfortunately, there is no further record for either Henry or Bridget.
- Mayflower Quarterly, Winter 2019, p, 39
- Mayflower Quarterly, Winter 2019, p. 39 "Not included but being researched:"
- Mayflower Quarterly, Winter 2019, p, 39
- Mayflower Families through Five Generations ("Silver Books") vol. 15 (More) lists a handful of female mtDNA descendants of the sixth generation.
- She was sister to Mayflower passenger Isaac Allerton. She married first, Jan/John Vincent and third Godbert Godbertson (Cuthbert Cuthbertson)
- Mayflower Families through Five Generations "Silver Books" vol. 8 (Priest) fails to list a single mtDNA descendant of the Fifth Generation
- An article in The Genealogist 10:140 Stated Thomas and Alice had three sons and two daughters (Elizabeth  & Margaret ). Bradford's Journal (published under Of Plimouth Plantation stated these children came over to Plymouth Colony ca 1629/30. However, it is unknown if the daughters were still living at that time, and if they were, there is no further mention of them in any record. It is possible one or both may have married and had families, but their maiden name has been lost. Some researches suggest Elizabeth may have married Samuel Eddy, and Margaret married William Brett of Duxbury & Bridgewater. There are issues with both of these tentative identities.
- The only contemporary record for Hannah is the will of her husband, Joseph (in Jan 1677/8). As such, we are not certain whether she was Joseph's only wife and whether she is the mother of any/all of Joseph's children. mtDNA descendants of Joseph's daughters have the ability to ascertain whether they were all likely had the same mother, but even then, it would not prove whether Hannah was the mother or not.
- A number of female mtDNA descendants of the Sixth Generation documented in the Mayflower Families through Five Generations "Silver Books" vol. 19 (Rogers). Almost certainly has living mtDNA descendants.
- Mayflower Families through Five Generations ("Silver Books") Vol. 20 (Samson) Part 2 has a large number of female mtDNA descendants of the last (6th) generation.
- died in the first winter, no children
- Myles and Barbara had one daughter, Lora. Neither she nor any of her children were mentioned in his will of Mar 1655/6. Thus she almost certainly died unmarried.
- She married first, Thomas Rogers
- Caleb Johnson announced her identity at the Mayflower Congress in Sep 2017. Articles to be published in The American Genealogist. She married second, Mayflower Passenger Edward Winslow
- Only had two sons by William White. She will also be treated under Edward Winslow
- The Mayflower Families through Five Generations ("Silver Book") for William White (vol. 13) fails to list any mtDNA line continuing to the Fifth (and Sixth) Generation. However it is possible their research on female lines may have been incomplete.
- Edward had no children by his first wife
- Caleb Johnson identified her ancestry at the Mayflower Congress in Sep 2017. Articles to be published in The American Genealogist. She was the widow of fellow Mayflower Passenger, William White
- They had one daughter, Elizabeth (c1630-1698). She married (Capt.) George Curwin and Robert Brooks (II). George and Elizabeth had two daughters, Penelope (m. John Wolcott, no known children) and Susanna (m. Edward Lyde (II), only daughter Elizabeth died unmarried)
Passengers with unknown or uncertain surname include:
- Alice, wife of John Rigsdale
- Mary, wife of Edward Prower and Christopher Martin
- Dorothy, servant of John Carver
- wife of Thomas Tinker
- List of Mayflower passengers from Wikipedia
- Mayflower passenger list from Caleb Johnson's MayflowerHistory.com
- Family Tree DNA Mayflower Project mtDNA results
- Full Genomes Corp. A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- Family Tree DNA A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- YSEQ DNA Origins Project A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- YSEQ Mayflower Group Group for Y-DNA and mtDNA descendants of Mayflower Passengers and Allied Families