As of November 24, 2020:
- No straightforward opportunities for advanced Y-DNA testing
- Low priority
Moses Fletcher was born about 1564. His first known record is his marriage at St. Peter, Sandwich, Kent, England 30 Oct 1589 to Mary Evans. Mary died sometime after Apr 1609 and Moses married at Leiden, Holland 21 Dec 1613 Sarah ______ Denby, widow of William Denby. Moses travelled alone aboard the Mayflower and died in the new Colony sometime during the Winter of 1620-21.
Moses and his first wife Mary had at least nine children whose baptisms and/or burials are recorded in St. Peter, Sandwich: Mary bp 4 Jan 1589/90 (no further record), John, Catherine bp 1 Sep 1594 (no further record), Richard bp 2 Jan 1596/7 (no further record), Priscilla bp 24 Mar 1599/1600, Moses bp 10 Oct 1602 bur 21 Apr 1603, Elizabeth bp 8 Apr 1604, Jane bp 8 Feb 1606/7 (no further record), Moses bp 2 Apr 1609 (no further record) and Jane bur 6 Nov 1609.
John Fletcher, baptism not recorded, but likely born about 1592 and died Leiden aft 13 Feb 1656. He married Leiden 5 Dec 1618 [NS] Josina Sachariasdaughter. They had four children baptised [NS] at St. Pancras Church in Leiden: Mary 14 Aug 1622, Zacharias 12 Jan 1626, Josyna 8 Oct 1628, and Moses 4 Jun 1631.
- Estimate, based on first married in Oct 1589.
- NEHGR 128:161
- Baptism of last child
- NEHGR 128:161
- NEHGR 128:162
- NEHGR 128:163
- Further histories of these children, including whether they were married, is still unknown.
Summary of findings
Currently, we cannot trace a Y-DNA line of descent from Moses Fletcher, but more research in what is now the Netherlands is needed.
- Additional paper-trail research might allow additional Y-DNA testing candidates to be identified
- Wakefield, Robert S., New England Historical and Genealogical Register 128:161-69 (he also published material in Mayflower Quarterly 38:89, 41:45-47, 126-29)
- Anderson, Robert Charles, The Mayflower Migration: Immigrants to Plymouth, 1620 New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, MA 2020 pp. 86-87
- Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Increasings From the Files of George Ernest Bowman at the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD, Second edition 1995, 1996. p. 57.
© 2015-2021 mayflowerdna.org All Rights Reserved