As of January 14, 2017:
- Recruiting participants for Y Elite tests
|# of pending tests||2||0|
|# of completed tests||4||2|
|# of sponsored tests||6||2|
Paternal lineages of Mayflower passengers
Surnames of Mayflower passengers and crew, with links to corresponding Y-DNA results pages, are listed below.
|Surname||Given name(s) aboard Mayflower||Y-DNA aboard Mayflower||Known living descendants||Known living paternal line descendants||Y-DNA haplogroup|
|Allerton||Isaac, Bartholomew, Remember, Mary|||
|Billington||John, John, Francis|| R1b-U106 |
|Bradford||William|| I-M253 |
|Brewster||William, Love, Wrestling|| I-M253 |
|Cooke||Francis, John|| I-M223 |
|Doty||Edward|| R1b-L21 |
|Eaton||Francis, Samuel|| R1b-U198|
|Fuller||Edward, Samuel, Samuel|| R1b-U106|
|Hopkins||Stephen, Giles, Constance, Damaris, Oceanus|| R1b-U106 |
|Howland||John|| R1b-U106 |
|More||Richard, Ellen, Jasper, Mary|
|Mullins||William, Priscilla, Joseph|
|Rogers||Thomas, Joseph|| R1b-L21 |
|Samson||Henry|| I-M223 |
I2a2a M223>Z161>L801> CTS1977>> BY526
|Tilley||John, Edward, Elizabeth|
|Warren||Richard||E-V13 or R1b-M269|
|White||William, Resolved, Peregrine|| R1b-L21 |
|Winslow||Edward, Gilbert|| I-M253|
|Turner||John, son, son|
- links to sub-pages under development
- according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mayflower_Society
- Most SNP results may still be further refined as more Y-DNA descendants of Mayflower Passengers obtain Next Generation Sequence (NGS)/Whole Genome Sequence (WGS) tests. Italics indicate the haplogroup is merely predicted based soley on STR testing and may not be precise. In some of these cases, the result could be inaccurate due to inadvertent errors in lineage tracing. See surname sub-pages for further details and references.
- based on top 24 scores at Nevgen R1b predictor all falling under P312, with 9 U152 subclades 10 DF27 subclades and 5 L21 subclades. U152 and DF27 are both subclades of Z38841 (which is technically a STR rather than a SNP) so it is likely the Alden family fall under either U152 or DF27.
- Son Bartholomew returned to England where he married and had children. Whether he has any living Y-DNA descendants is unknown. Son Isaac is believed to only have had one son (Isaac) who died without issue.
- based on top 9 scores at Nevgen R1b predictor all falling under Z8.
- based on Nevgen R1b prediction of 100% certainty
- based on 100% certainty score for 111 STR markers at Nevgen.org
- According to the FTDNA Mayflower Project one individual claiming to be a Y-DNA descendant of Richard Warren has done a Y67 STR test and his predicted Haplogroup falls under E-M35 (Nevgen Y-DNA Haplogroup Predictor result 99.97% likely to fall under E1b1b1a1b1a E-V13). However, according to a Geni.com discussion at https://www.geni.com/discussions/197009 an individual claiming to be a Y-DNA descendant of Richard Warren has had a 37 STR marker test and his predicted Haplogroup falls under R1b-M269
- Based on 99.97% Certainty at Nevgen.org from 67 STR markers.
- Apr 2020: Pending another Big Y result which will further refine the clade
Paternal lineages of affiliated families
Families directly affiliated with Mayflower passengers (e.g. through marriage of children) with Y-DNA testing include:
John Gorham married Desire Howland, eldest daughter of John Howland & Elizabeth Tilley.
John Chipman married Hope Howland, second daughter of John Howland & Elizabeth Tilley.
John Dickinson married Elizabeth Howland, third daughter of John Howland & Elizabeth Tilley.
- (more to be added)
- List of Mayflower passengers from Wikipedia
- Mayflower passenger list from Caleb Johnson's MayflowerHistory.com
- Mayflower DNA Project, sponsored by the General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD)
- Full Genomes Corp. A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- Family Tree DNA A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- YSEQ DNA Origins Project A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- Nevgen Y-DNA Haplogroup Predictor Predicts SNP Haplogroup based on STR markers. best if 67 or 111 STRs available