Y-DNA SNP summary
From Mayflower DNA
|Surname||# testers||Family clade||infor (incl. subclades)||FTDNA Project|
|Alden||3/2||R1b-FTC62332||Given the STR differences between the two Big Y testers, it is likely they descend from different son of John Alden.||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Alden?iframe=ycolorized|
|Billington||2/2||R1b-FTA18300||Unknown if the two testers descend from different sons of Francis||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Billington?iframe=ycolorized|
|Bradford||7/2||I-FGC72882||both presumably via son Maj. William. Unknown if testers descend from more than 1 son of Maj. William||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/bradford?iframe=ycolorized (Group 3)|
|Brewster||27/3||I-FT1754||1 from Love, 2 from Johnnathan>Benjamin>William FT1754>FT759||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/BREWSTER?iframe=ycolorized|
|Cooke||6/3||I-FGC57464||only son Jacob has living Y-DNA descendants. Unknown if testers descend from different sons of Jacob||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/cook/default.aspx?section=ycolorized (I2 Lineage 3a)|
|Doty||92/3||R-FT78842||1 subgroup Edward-Samuel-Benjamin 1-2-3 FT78230||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Doughty-Doty?iframe=ycolorized (Group R1b...)|
|Eaton||8/2||R-FGC53179||Unknown if testers descend from different sons of Francis Eaton||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Eaton?iframe=ycolorized (4. R1b Haplogroup: Eaton Lineage III-FranPly)|
|Fuller||37/25||R-Y85916||see Fuller Big Y results||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Fuller-FamilyFinder?iframe=ycolorized (1 and 1a.)|
|Hopkins||8/2||R-FGC71615||Only son Giles has living Y-DNA descendants. Unknown if testers descend from different sons of Giles||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/HopkinsDNA?iframe=ycolorized (Hap'group R1b (M343;M269 etc) - Genetic Family D)|
|Howland||8/2||R-A6703||Descendants of two different sons of John Howland tested. No subclade identified (yet).||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Howland?iframe=ycolorized (John Howland through son ...)|
|Rogers||8/8||R-FT59523||Surviving Y-DNA lines only from son Joseph. Descendants of 2 of his 3 sons tested.||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/ThomasRogersoftheMayflower?iframe=ycolorized and https://www.familytreedna.com/public/rogers.sc.ga.al.tx.nm.ca?iframe=ycolorized (R1b-M269>P312>Z290>L21>DF13>Z253>FGC3268>ZZ6_1>BY43439>FGC59524>FGC59535>FT260099 (Isles-Keltic))|
|Samson||2/2||I-FTB4532||Testers known to descend from different sons of Henry Samson||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/PilgrimHenrySamsonKindred?iframe=ycolorized|
|Soule||57/13||I-A20032||George2 20/2 A20032. John2 BY32573. Nathaniels ZW20.||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/GeorgeSoule/default.aspx?section=ycolorized|
|Standish||5/2||I-FT276480||Known to descend from at least two different sons: Alexander and Josiah.||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/STANDISH/default.aspx?section=ycolorized (Group 01)|
|Warren||2||E-FTC19215||Both testers lineage: Cornelius6 Warren (Samuel5, Samuel4, Richard3, Nathaniel2, Richard1).||The Warren surname DNA Project currently does not list anyone claiming Richard Warren as their Most Distant Known Patrilineal Ancestor (MDKPA)|
- ↑ Total Y-DNA testers/Big Y testers.
- ↑ Also see: https://www.familytreedna.com/public/mayflowersociety?iframe=ycolorized
- ↑ Currently no Y-DNA descendants in project.
- ↑ Currently no Y-DNA descendants in project.
- ↑ Only a very small number of Y-DNA descendants of Jonathan (son of Gov. William) are known. None known to have done any DNA testing.
- ↑ https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna/R-FT78230/story documents 3 individuals falling under this subclade. Two fall under an additional subclade: FTB93672.
- ↑ Some individuals descend from non-Mayflower Fuller's. Specifically Robert Fuller of Salem & Rehoboth and Capt/Dr. Matthew Fuller of Barnstable.
- ↑ Descendants of John Howland (One descendant not STR tested, but Big Y-500 tested). There are also 4/3 descendants of John's brother Arthur and 9/2 descendants of John's brother Henry tested. Currently, descendants of Arthur fall under subclade FT62874 while descendants of Henry fall under FGC58211 (both of these individuals descend from Henry's son Zoeth).
- ↑ In addition, two descendants of Henry Samson's paternal first cousin, Abraham Sampson, have also Big Y tested and fall into a different subclade of FTB708>FTB635. Thus we are certain FTB4532 is limited to descendants of Henry Samson.
- ↑ This includes folks who tested at other DNA companies such as YSEQ, Dante Labs and Nebula Genomics.
- ↑ Three tested. Two descend from subclade: A20044.
- ↑ Descendants of Gov. Edward Winslow. In addition, there are 6/2 descendants of Kenelm Winslow (brother to Edward) and 3/2 other Winslows whose ancestry is currently unknown. The descendants of Kenelm Winslow (unknown whether they descend from different sons of Kenelm) belong to subclade BY108126.