Completed as of October 1, 2020:
- Recruiting direct male-line Richard Wright descendants for further SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact Raymond Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
Still to do as of October 1, 2020
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of Richard Wright to firmly place family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
Richard Wright is said to have been born 9 Jun 1609 presumably in England and died at Plymouth 9 Jun 1681 "about two hours after being 83 years old." This statement of Richard's age at death has not been verified by this compiler.</ref>
DNA results R-CTS4188
Previous Y-DNA testing
As of 1 Oct 2020, the Wright Y-DNA Project lists four individuals who have STR tested under their "R - M269 - Family Group 17: R-P312>ZZ11>DF27>Z195>Z198>CTS4188>BY178203". One of the individuals has SNP tested R-P312>>DF27>Z195>Z198>CTS4188.
Further needed testing
More Y-DNA descendants of Richard Wright are needed to do Next Generation Sequence/Whole Genome Sequence (NGS/WGS) DNA testing to further refine the haplogroup for the family as well as try to further subdivide the descendants.
- While one individual does not have the Wright surname, he is a 66/67 match to the Wright family STR values, so it is virtually certain he also descends in a Y-DNA line from Richard Wright.
Summary of findings
References & External Links
- Roser, Susan E. and Judith A. Swan, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations vol. 12 Cooke 2017 addendum of 1999 2nd Edition, General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA
- Mass and More Genealogy blog on Richard & Hester