As of January 16, 2017:
- Y Elite test results for Thomas Rogers descendant (kit N8S52, tested previously as kit #197102) completed.
- Additional NGS/WGS testing of Rogers Descendants is merited. Interested persons contact: MayflowerDNA1620@gmail.com
For more information see: Westgate, Alice W.A. (revised by Ann T. Reeves) (2nd ed. rev. by Peggy M. Baker), Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: vol. 19 Rogers and Pilgrim Thomas Rogers Society Genealogy database
Thomas Rogers was born prob. at Watford, Northampton, England about 1572, the son of William and Ellenor (_____) Rogers. Thomas died at Plymouth during the "general sickness" of the first winter (1620-1). He married at Watford 24 Oct 1597 Alice Cosford, baptized at Watford 10 May 1573, daughter of George & Margaret Cosford. It is believed she died in Leiden sometime after 1622. Thomas and his son Joseph came over on the Mayflower in 1620, the other children (but not the mother) are said (by Gov. Bradford) to have "came over & are maried & have many children."
Joseph Rogers was baptized at Watford 23 Jan 1602/3 and died at Eastham between 2-15 Jan 1677/8. He was the only child of Thomas to travel with him aboard the Mayflower. Joseph married sometime abt 1632. It is believed Hannah _____  was his only wife, but there is nothing to state definitively she was the mother of any/all of his children. Joseph had eight children, recorded (but not necessarily born) in the Sandwich, MA Vital Records: Sarah (died young), Joseph, Thomas, Elizabeth, John, Mary, James, and Hannah.
Joseph Rogers (II) was born 19 Jul 1635 (probably at Duxbury) and died at Eastham 27 Dec 1660. He married Eastham 4 Apr 1660 Susanna Deane. They had no children and his widow married second, 28 Oct 1663 to Stephen Snow.
Thomas Rogers was born 29 Mar 1638 (probably at Duxbury) and died (probably at Eastham) between 5 Mar 1677/8 - 7 Aug 1678. He married Eastham 13 Dec 1665 Elizabeth Snow. They had seven children: Elizabeth, Joseph, Hannah, Thomas (d. young), Thomas, Eleazer and Nathaniel (almost certainly never married).
John Rogers was born 3 Apr 1642 (probably at Duxbury) and died Eastham between 27 Apr 1713 - 10 Aug 1714. He married Eastham 19 Aug 1669 Elizabeth Twining. They had nine children: Samuel (1671-1671), John (1670-1738), Judah (son), Joseph, Elizabeth, Eleazer, Mehitable, Hannah and Nathaniel
James Rogers was born Duxbury 18 Oct5 1648 and died Eastham 13 Apr 1678. He married Eastham 11 Jan 1670[/1?] Mary Paine and they had three children (born Eastham): James (1673 m Susanna Tracy), Mary (1675) and Abigail (1677/8).
John Rogers (II) was born (probably at Duxbury) about 1640 and died Barrington, RI on 28 Jun 1732. He married three times, first Duxbury, Nov 1666 Elizabeth Pabodie. She was the mother of all of his children. He married second Hingham 21 Nov 1679 Hannah Hobart and third aft 22 Mar 1692/3 to Marah Cobham. By his first wife, John had five children: Hannah, John, Elizabeth, Ruth and Sarah
- where his parents lived and where he was married.
- Estimate, based on date of marriage.
- The Genealogist 10:142-43 citing William's will.
- Mayflower passenger deaths 1620-1621.
- ibid., p. 145
- ibid., p. 146
- TAG 52:110-13
- TG 10:140
- Will & Inventory from MD 3:67-70
- First child born in Aug 1633.
DNA Results FT260099
Previous Y-DNA testing
Previous Y-STR testing through the Mayflower DNA Project, the Rogers/Rodgers DNA Project and the Thomas Rogers of the Mayflower DNA Project have identified a Y-STR haplotype for the Mayflower Rogers lineage and has determined that the lineage belongs to the R1b-M269 Y-DNA haplogroup,.
One member of the My Rogers Family Tree DNA Project has stated they are a Y-DNA descendant of Pilgrim Thomas Rogers. They also agreed to have a FGC Y-Elite test completed. In addition, several members of the Thomas Rogers of the Mayflower DNA Project have taken Big Y tests. The results of these tests documents where the Rogers family falls under: R1b-P312>>L21>DF13>>Z253>FGC3268>>BY43439>BY4303>FGC59516>FGC59544>FGC59535>FGC59536>FGC59523>FGC59541. The Thomas Rogers of the Mayflower Project has started identifying subclades of FGZC59541 thus identifying branches within the Thomas Rogers family after the Mayflower emigration.
- N8S52 Y Elite BAM file uploaded
Two individual who have done Y-DNA testing have also posted their lineage from Thomas Rogers.
Thomas Rogers (c1571-1620/1) Joseph Rogers (1607-1673) John Rogers (1642-1714) John Rogers (II) (1672-1738) Ebenezer Rogers (1697-1767) Joshua Rogers (1722-1761) Joshua Rogers (II) (1749- ) Zenas Rogers (1794-1881) Ezekiel Harding Rogers (1835-1916) Willis Eugene Rogers (1860-1939) Chester Eugene Rogers (1881-1975) Eugene Henry Rogers (1906-1990) father tester James Rogers (1648-1678) James Rogers (1673-1751) James Rogers (1706-1759) Jonathan Rogers (1750-1834) Timothy Rogers (1788-1852) Albert Cobb Rogers (1817-1890) Timothy Otis Rogers (1855-1919) Frederick Kimball (1887-1959) father tester
- Two subgroups of this project list Y-DNA descendants of Pilgrim Thomas Rogers. One is: R1b-M269>P312>Z290>L21>DF13>Z253>FGC3268>ZZ6_1>BY43439>FGC59524>FGC59535>FGC59523 (Isles - Keltic) while the other is: R1b-M269>P312>Z290>L21>DF13> Z253>FGC3268>ZZ6_1>BY43439>FGC59524>FGC59535>FT260099 (Isles-Keltic)
- FTDNA kit #197102
- Full Genomes Kit #N8S52
- Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Increasings From the Files of George Ernest Bowman at the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD, Second edition 1995, 1996. pp. 87-90
- Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Passenger References (from contemporary records & scholarly journals) [www.stewartbooks.com Stewart Publishing & Printing], Canada. Second Edition, 2015
- Westgate, Alice W.A. (revised by Ann T. Reeves) (2nd ed. rev. by Peggy M. Baker), Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: vol. 19 Rogers, General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA. Second edition 2013
- Thomas Rogers of the Mayflower DNA Project
- Rogers DNA Project
- Thomas Rogers Society
- The Genealogist 10 : 138-49 "The English Ancestry of the Pilgrim Thomas Rogers and His Wife Alice (Cosford) Rogers," by Clifford L. Scott
- wikitree profile for Thomas Rogers
- The Rogers Family - The Mayflower Society
© 2015-2022 mayflowerdna.org All Rights Reserved