William Snow (Y-DNA)
Completed as of October 1, 2020:
- Recruiting additional direct male-line Bullock descendants for NGS/WGS SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
- Y-SNP tested to R1b-DF25 and predicted to fall under R1b L21>DF13>DF21>>DF5>BY23559.
Still to do as of August 29, 2020
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of Richard Bullock to firmly place family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
William Snow was born possibly in Dorsetshire England about 1624 and died at Bridgewater 31 Jan 1708. He married about 1654 to Rebecca Brown (daughter of Mayflower passenger Peter Browne). They had eight children; four daughters and four sons (William, Joseph, James [never married] and Benjamin)
Joseph Snow was born in Bridgewater about 1664 and died there 18 Dec 1753. He married Bridgewater about 1689 to Hopestill Alden. They had nine children, two daughters and seven sons: Joseph (1690 m Elizabeth Field & Marcy Smith), James (1693 m Ruth Shaw & Hannah Hovey), Solomon, Nathan, Isaac (1700 m Hannah Shaw), Jonathan (1703 m Sarah Soule & Ruth Bennett) and David (1703 m Joanna Hayward).
Benjamin Snow was born in Bridgewater 12 Dec 1668 and died there 28 May 1743. He married at Bridgewater 12 Dec 1693 to Elizabeth Alden. They had five children, two daughters and three sons: Benjamin (1696 m Jemima Snell), Solomon (1698 m Bathsheba Mahurin) and Ebenezer (1701 m Sarah Pratt, Sarah Hooper & Lydia Deane).
DNA results R-S17075
Previous Y-DNA testing
The Snow DNA Project Subgrouping: "Lineage 3 William" has seven individuals, all STR matches to each other, with three claiming William Snow (1624-1708) was their Most Distant Known (Y-DNA) Ancestor (MDKA). None of these individuals have done Y-SNP testing, and FTDNA predicts they fall under R1b-M269. Two of the individuals have done 111 Y-STR testing and plugging in the values in the Nevgen.org Haplogroup predictor comes up with a 100% probability of the family falling under P312>DF19>DF88>>S4268>Z17112>S17075.
Further needed testing
We need additional direct male-line descendants of William Snow to WGS/NGS test to both confirm the lineage as well as to refine the haplogroup further and delineate descendant clades.
References & External Links
- Wakefield, Robert S., Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: vol. 7 Brown, Second Edition, 2002, Plymouth, MA, General Society of Mayflower Descendants
- Alden Kindred Genealogy Database