Completed as of March 23, 2021:
- Recruiting additional direct male-line Arthur Hathaway descendants for further SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
Still to do as of March 23, 2021
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of Arthur Hathaway to firmly place family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
Daniel Wilcox was baptized Croft, Lincolnshire 4 Mar 1631, son of Edward Wilcox and Susanna Thomson. Daniel died Tiverton (now part of RI) 2 Mar 1702. The family emigrated to New England. Daniel was married twice, first abt 1654 to an unknown first wife and second, Portsmouth RI 28 Nov 1661 Elizabeth Cooke and they had nine children: Mary (c1662), Sarah (c1664), Stephen (c1666), Edward (c 1668), John (1670), Susannah (c1671), Thomas (c1673), Lydia (c1675) and Judith (c1677).
Stephen Wilcox was born prob. Portsmouth, RI about 1667 and died Dartmouth 13 Nov 1736. He married twice, first Dartmouth 9 Feb 169[5?] Susannah Briggs and second Nantucket 31 Aug 1722 Judith COFFIN Folger Barnard. By his first wife he had five children (born Dartmouth): Susannah (1696/7), Daniel (1699-b1733 unm.), Thomas (1701 unk if marr), Elizabeth (1704/5) and Stephen (1708/9). By his second wife he had one more child: John (c1725).
John Wilcox was born Little Compton 1670 and died there bef Feb 1717/8. He married Little Compton abt 1698 Rebecca ?Mosher and they had eight children (born Little Compton): Jacob (1699 unk if marr), Daniel (1701 m Sarah Hart but unk if any ch.), Elizabeth (1702), John (1704 m Rebecca Mosher but likely no ch.), Jabez (1707), Barjona (son 1708 m Elizabeth Wait but likely no ch.), Rebecca (1711) and Thomas (c1713 likely unm).
Thomas Wilcox was born about 1673 and died Tiverton in Aug 1712. He apparently never married.
Edward Wilcox was born about 1676 and died Tiverton (now part of RI) 1718. He married prob. Portsmouth, RI bef 1701 Sarah Manchester and they had four children (born Tiverton): Josiah (1701), Ephraim (1704), William (1706) and Freelove (1709).
- They had two children: Daniel and Samuel, but no Mayflower line of descent for them.
- His will gives "to my Brothers & Sisters" [not named]" but fails to mention any wife or children.
DNA results R-BY65903
Previous Y-DNA testing
The Wilcox DNA Project Group: R-M269 Edward and Susan Thomson Wilcox Family documents a number of Y-DNA descendants with matching Y-STR & Y-SNP results, with an earliest Most Distant Known Paternal Ancestor (MDKPA) being Daniel Wilcox (c1565-1605). Several of them have apparently taken Big Y tests and they have been assigned to the following haplogroup: R-P312>Z290>L21>DF13>ZZ10_1>Z253>FGC3268>ZZ6_1>BY43439>L554>BY65903
References & External Links
- Roser, Susan E. and Judith A. Swan, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations vol. 12 Cooke 2017 addendum of 1999 2nd Edition, General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA
- Documented Genealogy of Wilcox family