Completed as of October 1, 2020:
- Recruiting additional direct male-line John Haskell descendants for further SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
- Y-SNP predicted to fall under R1b-P312.
Still to do as of August 29, 2020
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of John Haskell to firmly place family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
John Haskell was born
DNA results R1b-P312
Previous Y-DNA testing
There are two Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) Projects for the Haskell family, and both projects include Y-DNA descendants of William Haskell (paternal grandfather to John Haskell). These projects are: Haskell-HFA and John and Patience Haskell Subgrouping: "Roger,Wm,Mark,John" (7 members).
While none of these members have done any Y-SNP testing, their STR results indicate they all are related in a genealogical time frame. FTDNA assigns all of them to the R1b-M269 Haplogroup. One of the individuals has done 67 Y-STR testing. Plugging in his STR values into the Nevgen.org Haplogroup Predictor gives a variety of Haplogroups, almost all of them below R1b-P312.
- HFA-Haskell Family of America. This project is ungrouped, but three individuals list William Haskell as the Most Distant Known Paternal Ancestor (MDKPA)
- set for R1b haplogroups
- but some results fall under R1b-U106 as well as one result P312- U106-
Further needed testing
We need additional direct male-line descendants of John Haskell to WGS/NGS test to both confirm the haplogroup assignmentas well as to refine the haplogroup further and delineate descendant clades.
Summary of findings
References & External Links
- International Haskell Family Association
- Hascall, Richard K. Hascall, Richard E. Haskell, Andrew B. Turner (Editors), Mayflower Descendants of John Haskell and Patience Soule: George Soule 2019, privately published by the Internation Haskell Family Association