Completed as of April 4, 2021:
- Recruiting additional direct male-line John Bundy descendants for NGS/WGS SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
Still to do as of April 4, 2021
- NGS/WGS test multiple Y-DNA descendants of John Bundy to firmly place family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
John Bundy was born England abt 1617 and died Taunton in 1681, aged 84. He married bef 1649 Martha Chandler and they had at least five children: Martha (1649), Mary (1653), Patience (d. 1665), James (1664), Sarah (1668) and poss. Samuel (1670 no further record).
James Bundy was born Taunton 1664 and died East Greenwich, RI 25 Sep 1721. He married Mary ____ and they had four children: James (c1690), Samuel (c1694 m Abigail ____ but only one daughter), Ebenezer (c1699 m Martha Clark, no known children) and Joseph (c1701).
James Bundy (II) was born abt 1690 and died prob. Mansfield, CT aft 10 Apr 1758. He married abt 1710 Mary Johnson and they had nine children (born Preston, CT): Hannah (1711), Deborah (1713/4), James (1715), Mary (1717), Eunice (1719), Peter (1720/1), Isaac (1722-1725), John (1724) and Isaac (1726).
Joseph Bundy was born abt 1701 and died Hopkinton, RI bef 8 Apr 1771. He married twice, first Abigail Johnson and second Westerly, RI 30 Oct 1758 Mary REYNOLDS Tefft. He had three children by his first wife: Elizabeth (c1730), Ezekiel (1736) and Dorcas.
- John married second, Taunton 9 Jan 1676 Ruth _____ Gurney, but his three sons by this marriage (John, Joseph and Edward) do not descend from any Mayflower passenger.
- some sources give sons Silas c1726 & Ebenezer 1729/30.
DNA results TBD
Previous Y-DNA testing
The Bundy surname DNA Project does not list the Most Distant Known Paternal Ancestor (MDKPA) so it is impossible to determine whether any Y-DNA descendants of John Bundy have taken a Y-DNA test.
Further needed testing
We need additional direct male-line descendants of John Bundy to WGS/NGS test to both to refine the haplogroup further and delineate descendant clades.
References & External Links
- Sherman, Robert M. & Verle D. Vincent (rev. by Robert S. Wakefield), Mayflower Families through Five Generations vol. 15, Chilton & More. General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA 1997, reprinted 2013