Completed as of October 1, 2020:
- Recruiting additional direct male-line Bullock descendants for NGS/WGS SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
- Y-SNP tested to R1b-DF25 and predicted to fall under R1b L21>DF13>DF21>>DF5>BY23559.
Still to do as of August 29, 2020
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of Richard Bullock to firmly place family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
Richard Bullock was born about 1622 in England. He was first recorded in the Plymouth Colony list of Freemen in May 1645. He died in Rehoboth before 22 Nov 1667, when the inventory of his estate was dated. Richard was married twice, first Rehoboth 4 Aug 1647 to Elizabeth Ingraham. They had six children (but no Mayflower passenger ancestry). Richard married second, Rehoboth, 21 Sep 1660 to Elizabeth Billington. After Richard's death, Elizabeth married Beere (Beares).
Richard and his second wife, Elizabeth Billington had four children; one daughter and three sons (Israel [died young], John and Richard [likely died young])
John Bullock was born at Rehoboth on 19 May 1664 and died at Barrington (now part of Rhode Island) 20 Jun 1739. He married at Swansea 29 Jan 1695/6 to Elizabeth Barnes. They had nine children; six daugthers and three sons (Israel, John and Richard)
- some sources give date of birth 16 Jul 1622, but without any source.
Previous Y-DNA testing
The Bullock Y-DNA Project lists six individuals who have STR tested and match each other. One of these individuals has done 67 STR tested and also a SNP test and been found to be R-DF25. Plugging in a set of 67 Y-STRs into Nevgen.org Haplogroup Predictor gives a result of R1b L21>DF13>DF21>>DF5> BY23559 with a 96.3% probability.
Further needed testing
We need additional direct male-line descendants of Richard Bullock to WGS/NGS test to both confirm the lineage as well as to refine the haplogroup further and delineate descendant clades.
References & External Links
- Hodge, Harriet W. (rev. 2001 by Robert S. Wakefield) (rev. 2014 by John Bradley Arthaud), Mayflower Families through Five Generations vol. 21 [Billington], part 1. General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA 2nd Ed 2014
- Arthaud, John Bradley (reviewed by Jane Fletcher Fiske), Mayflower Families through Five Generations vol. 21 [Billington], part 2. General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA 2017