Completed as of November 30, 2021:
- Recruiting matrilineal (all female-line) descendants of Elizabeth (Phillips) Alden for full mtDNA testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact MayflowerDNA1620@gmail.com
Elizabeth Phillips was baptized at Great Berkhampstead, Hertfordshire 15 Nov 1636, daughter of William Phillips and Mary Bishop. The family emigrated to Charlestown (now part of Boston) sometime between 12 Mar 1637/8 and 23 Sep 1639. Elizabeth married twice, first Boston 6 Jul 1655 to Abiel Everill (2 children, no Mayflower connection). Elizabeth married second, Duxbury 1 Apr 1660 (Capt.) John Alden and they had fourteen children (Boston): Mary (1659 d.y.), John (1660 d.y.), Elizabeth (1662-1662), John (1663), William (1664-1664), Elizabeth (1665), William (1666 d.y.), Zachary (1667), Nathaniel (1668), William (1669), Zachariah (1672), Sarah (1674 d.y.), Nathan (1677) and Sarah (1681 d.y.).
Elizabeth Alden was born Boston 9 Apr 1665 and died there aft 1 Sep 1739. She married twice, first Boston bef 1684 John Walley and second Boston 30 Apr 1702 Simon Willard. By her first husband Elizabeth had six children: Sarah (1684-1690), Abiel (son 1686), William (1687), John (1688), Elizabeth (1693) and Sarah (1695). By her second husband, Elizabeth had four more children: Samuel (1702/3 d.y.), Abigail (1702/3), Katherine (1704) and George (1706/7-1707).
Elizabeth Walley was born Boston 4 May 1693 and died there date unknown. She married Boston 12 Jul 1716 Joseph Russell and they had no children.
Sarah Walley was born Boston 27 Apr 1695 and died aft 17 May 1742. She married Boston 10 Jan 1720 Richard Checkley. No record of children.
Abigail Willard was born Boston 19 Jan 1702/3 and died Seekonk in 1776. She married Boston 18 Oct 1722 Joseph Bridgham Jr. and they had ten children: Joseph (1723), Abigail (1724 m Joseph Gerrish), Mercy (1725 m Robert Logan & William Thomas), Elizabeth (1727 m John Russell), Sarah (1728-1728), John (1729), Hannah (1730 m Joseph Goldthwaite, no ch.), Sarah (1732 unm.) and Katherine (bp 1736 m Nathaniel Crocker).
- William and Mary were married at Tring, Hertfordshire on 8 Jul 1624. The parentage of both are currently unknown.
- burial of daughter Anne in Gt. Berkhampstead
- both admitted to Charlestown Church
mtDNA results TBD
References & External Links
- Alden Kindred Genealogy database
- Bradley, Hal, The English Origin of William1 Phillips of Charlestown and Boston, Massachusetts and Saco, Maine The American Genealogist 86:296-301