Y-DNA SNP summary
From Mayflower DNA
Revision as of 20:07, 12 January 2023 by Wing genealogist (Talk | contribs)
|Surname||# SNP testers||Family clade||infor (incl. subclades)||FTDNA Project|
|Alden||2||R1b-FTC62332||Unknown if the two testers descend from different sons of John||https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/alden/dna-results|
|Billington||2||R1b-FTA18300||Unknown if the two testers descend from different sons of Francis||currently no Billington surname Project|
|Bradford||2||I-FGC72882||all presumably via son Maj. William. Unknown if testers descend from more than 1 son of Maj. William||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/bradford?iframe=ycolorized (Group 3)|
|Brewster||3||I-FT1754||1 from Love, 2 from Johnnathan>Benjamin>William FT1754>FT759||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/BREWSTER?iframe=ycolorized|
|Cooke||3||I-FGC57464||only son Jacob has living Y-DNA descendants. Unknown if testers descend from different sons of Jacob||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/cook/default.aspx?section=yresults (I2 Lineage 3a)|
|Doty||6||R-FT78842||1 subgroup Edward-Samuel-Benjamin 1-2-3 FT78230||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Doughty-Doty?iframe=ycolorized (Group R1b...)|
|Eaton||2||R-FGC53179||Unknown if testers descend from different sons of Francis Eaton||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Eaton?iframe=ycolorized (4. R1b Haplogroup: Eaton Lineage III-FranPly)|
|Fuller||28||R-Y85916||see Fuller Big Y results||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Fuller-FamilyFinder?iframe=ycolorized (1 and 1a.)|
|Hopkins||2||R-FGC71615||Only son Giles has living Y-DNA descendants. Unknown if testers descend from different sons of Giles||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/HopkinsDNA?iframe=ycolorized (Hap'group R1b (M343;M269 etc) - Genetic Family D)|
|Howland||4||R-A6703||Descendants of two different sons of John Howland tested. No subclade identified (yet).||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Howland?iframe=ycolorized (John Howland through son ...)|
|Rogers||6||R-FT59541||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/ThomasRogersoftheMayflower?iframe=ycolorized and https://www.familytreedna.com/public/rogers.sc.ga.al.tx.nm.ca?iframe=ycolorized (R1b-M269>P312>Z290>L21>DF13>Z253>FGC3268>ZZ6_1>BY43439>FGC59524>FGC59535>FT260099 (Isles-Keltic))|
|Samson||2||I-FTB4532||Testers known to descend from different sons of Henry Samson||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/PilgrimHenrySamsonKindred?iframe=ycolorized|
|Soule||8||I-A20032||George2 YSC0000261. John2 BY32573. Nathaniels ZW20.||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/GeorgeSoule/default.aspx?section=ycolorized|
|Standish||2||I-FT276480||Known to descend from at least two different sons: Alexander and Josiah.||https://www.familytreedna.com/public/STANDISH/default.aspx?section=ycolorized (Group 01)|
|Warren||2||E-FTC19215||Both testers lineage: Cornelius6 Fuller (Samuel5, Samuel4, Richard3, Nathaniel2, Richard1).||The Warren surname DNA Project currently does not list anyone claiming Richard Warren as their Most Distant Known Patrilineal Ancestor (MDKPA)|
- ↑ Only a very small number of Y-DNA descendants of Jonathan (son of Gov. William) are known. None known to have done any DNA testing.
- ↑ From https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna/R-FT78842/story . Unknown if all six descend from Edward Doty or are simply closely patrilineally related to this Doty family.
- ↑ https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna/R-FT78230/story documents 3 individuals falling under this subclade. Two fall under an additional subclade: FTB93672.
- ↑ Some individuals descend from non-Mayflower Fuller's. Specifically Robert Fuller of Salem & Rehoboth and Capt/Dr. Matthew Fuller of Barnstable.
- ↑ This includes individuals descended from brother's of Pilgrim John Howland: Arthur and Henry. Currently, descendants of Arthur fall under subclade FT62874 while descendants of Henry fall under FGC58211 (both of these individuals descend from Henry's son Zoeth).
- ↑ In addition, two descendants of Henry Samson's paternal first cousin, Abraham Sampson, have also Big Y tested and fall into a different subclade of FTB708>FTB635. Thus we are certain FTB4532 is limited to descendants of Henry Samson.
- ↑ Three tested. Two descend from subclade: A20044.
- ↑ There are a total of five individuals positive for FT334733's parent clade: BY71464, but this includes individuals descended from Edward's brothers who were not descended from a Mayflower passenger. Two descendants of Kenelm Winslow (unknown whether they descend from different sons of Kenelm) belong to subclade BY108126.