As of January 14, 2017:
- Recruiting participants for Y Elite tests
|# of pending tests||2||0|
|# of completed tests||4||2|
|# of sponsored tests||6||2|
Paternal lineages of Mayflower passengers
Surnames of Mayflower passengers and crew, with links to corresponding Y-DNA results pages, are listed below.
|Surname||Given name(s) aboard Mayflower||Y-DNA aboard Mayflower||Known living descendants||Known living paternal line descendants||Y-DNA haplogroup|
|Allerton||Isaac, Bartholomew, Remember, Mary|||
|Billington||John, John, Francis|| R1b-U106 |
|Bradford||William|| I-M253 |
|Brewster||William, Love, Wrestling|| I-M253 |
|Cooke||Francis, John|| I-M223 |
|Doty||Edward|| R1b-L21 |
|Eaton||Francis, Samuel|| R1b-U198|
|Fuller||Edward, Samuel, Samuel|| R1b-U106|
|Hopkins||Stephen, Giles, Constance, Damaris, Oceanus|| R1b-U106 |
|Howland||John|| R1b-U106 |
|More||Richard, Ellen, Jasper, Mary|
|Mullins||William, Priscilla, Joseph|
|Rogers||Thomas, Joseph|| R1b-L21 |
|Samson||Henry|| I-M223 |
I2a2a M223>Z161>L801> CTS1977>> BY526
|Tilley||John, Edward, Elizabeth|
|Warren||Richard||E-V13 or R1b-M269|
|White||William, Resolved, Peregrine|| R1b-L21 |
|Winslow||Edward, Gilbert|| I-M253|
|Turner||John, son, son|
- according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mayflower_Society
- Most SNP results may still be further refined as more Y-DNA descendants of Mayflower Passengers obtain Next Generation Sequence (NGS)/Whole Genome Sequence (WGS) tests. Italics indicate the haplogroup is merely predicted based soley on STR testing and may not be precise. In some of these cases, the result could be inaccurate due to inadvertent errors in lineage tracing. See surname sub-pages for further details and references.
- based on top 24 scores at Nevgen R1b predictor all falling under P312, with 9 U152 subclades 10 DF27 subclades and 5 L21 subclades. U152 and DF27 are both subclades of Z38841 (which is technically a STR rather than a SNP) so it is likely the Alden family fall under either U152 or DF27.
- Son Bartholomew returned to England where he married and had children. Whether he has any living Y-DNA descendants is unknown. Son Isaac is believed to only have had one son (Isaac) who died without issue.
- based on top 9 scores at Nevgen R1b predictor all falling under Z8.
- based on Nevgen R1b prediction of 100% certainty
- based on 100% certainty score for 111 STR markers at Nevgen.org
- According to the FTDNA Mayflower Project one individual claiming to be a Y-DNA descendant of Richard Warren has done a Y67 STR test and his predicted Haplogroup falls under E-M35 (Nevgen Y-DNA Haplogroup Predictor result 99.97% likely to fall under E1b1b1a1b1a E-V13). However, according to a Geni.com discussion at https://www.geni.com/discussions/197009 an individual claiming to be a Y-DNA descendant of Richard Warren has had a 37 STR marker test and his predicted Haplogroup falls under R1b-M269
- Based on 99.97% Certainty at Nevgen.org from 67 STR markers.
Paternal lineages of allied families
Families directly affiliated with Mayflower passengers (e.g. through sons-in-law and some grandsons-in-law of Mayflower passengers) include:
William Pabodie married Elizabeth Alden, daughter of John Alden
John Bass married Ruth Alden
Thomas Delano married Rebecca Alden R-U106>>L48>L47>>FGC60412
Moses Maverick married Remember Allerton. Mayflower Families through Five Generations (MF5G) vol. 17 (Allerton) fails to list any Mavericks in the Fifth Generation.
Thomas Cushman married Mary Allerton
Samuel Sabin married Mary Billington
Joseph Rickard married Rebecca Billington. MF5G vol. 21 (Billington) fails to list any Rickard Y-DNA descendants in the Fifth Generation.
Edward May (later Mayes) married Dorcas Billington
John Martin married Mercy Billington
Richard Bullock was the first husband of Elizabeth Billington
Robert Beere was the second husband of Elizabeth Billington
William and Alice had one daughter, Mercy (born before the May 1627 Cattle Division). Mercy married (Plymouth 21 Dec 1648) Benjamin Vermayes of Boston. Neither Mercy, nor any of her children, were mentioned in Gov. Bradford's 1657 will, so it is assumed she died shortly after marriage, with no surviving children.
(Gov.) Thomas Prencemarried Patience Brewster
Nathaniel Mayo was the first husband to Hannah Prence R-P312>DF19>Z302>Z35646>Z8193>FT18289>Z39896
Jonathan Sparrow was the second husband to Hannah Prence
- Elizabeth had a third husband, Thomas Patey, but no children by this last marriage.
- Thomas and Rebecca had two daughters and one son, Thomas (III). The son Thomas apparently emigrated back to London, England. The Great Migration Begins III:1523 states family letters indicate he had a widow and a daughter, but failed to note any son. Gov. Prence married two more times, but the children by these marriages have no Mayflower ancestry.
- based on Big Y-700 result of a descendant of William Mayo of Isle of Wight, Virginia. STR results indicate this family is related to the Rev. John Mayo of Barnstable, Massachusetts. The descendants of William are FT137226+ (a subclade of Z39896), but it is currently unknown if the descendants of Rev. John are positive for this clade.
Ephraim Tinkham married Mary Browne
John Thomson married Mary Tinkham
William Snow married Rebecca Browne
Roger Chandler married Isabella Chilton. They had at least four children; three daughters and a son Samuel. However, Samuel is believed to have died young, so no Y-DNA descendants.
Solomon Leonard married Sarah Chandler
John Bundy married Martha Chandler
Edmund Bruff married Mary Chandler
John Winslow married Mary Chilton I-M253>DF29>Z58>Z59>CTS8647>Z62>Z61>S9939>S20652>S11023>BY34545>BY34542>BY71464
Robert Latham married Susanna Winslow
Edward Gray married Mary Winslow
Tobias Payne was the second husband of Sarah Winslow
Richard Middlecott was the third husband of Sarah Winslow
- Sarah married first, Miles Standish (II) who was son of Mayflower passenger Miles Standish. His Y-DNA line is under the Standish family.
- They had a son Edward, but it is currently unknown if Edward had any sons.
Experience Mitchell married Jane Cooke R-U106>>Z381>Z156>>DF96>>S25234
Richard Wright married Hester Cooke R-P312>ZZ11>DF27>Z195>Z198>CTS4188>BY178203
John Thomson married Mary Cooke
William Sherman was the first husband of Desire Doty
John Rouse was the first husband of Elizabeth Doty. MF5G 11 part 2 (Doty) fails to list any Rouse Y-DNA descendants in the Fifth Generation.
Samuel Hatch married Mary Doty
Joseph Ramsdell married Rachel Eaton
FULLER, Edward only had two sons
Henry Sirkman married Bridget (likely a daughter of Samuel Fuller). No Y-DNA descendants in MF5G 10 (Samuel Fuller)
Nicholas Snow married Constance Hopkins
Andrew Ring married Deborah Hopkins
John Gorham married Desire Howland I1-M253>Z58>Z138>S2293>Z2541>S19185
John Hawes married Desire Gorham I1-M253
John Chipman married Hope Howland I2-M223
John Dickinson married Elizabeth Howland
James Brown married Lydia Howland
Jonathan Bosworth married Hannah Howland
Thomas Cushman married Ruth Howland
Samuel Dutch married Susanna More
Joshua Conant married Christian More
Phineas Pratt married Mary Priest R1b-P312>>U152>L2>DF103>>BY123080>>FT137491
John Coombs married Sarah Priest
Robert Sproat married Elizabeth Samson
Josiah Holmes married Hannah Samson
Thomas Bonney married Dorcas Samson
Francis West married Susanna Soule R1b-U106
John Peterson married Mary Soule I-M253
John Haskell married Patience Soule R1b-P312>ZZ11
Robert Bartlett married Mary Warren R1b-P312>>U152>Z56>>Z43>Z145>>BY28794>>PF6577>>BY109876>BY142576
Thomas Little married Ann Warren R1b L21>>L513>S5668>A7
Richard Church married Elizabeth Warren R1b DF27>Z196>L176.2>CTS4188
Anthony Snow married Abigail Warren. They only had one son (Josias) who married and only had daughters. Thus, no living Y-DNA line
William White only had two sons (Resolved & Peregrine)
The only surviving daughter of Gov. Edward Winslow was Elizabeth, born about 1631 and died at Boston, 23 Apr 1698. She married twice: First (before 1656) to Robert Brooks, then (after his death) 22 Sep 1669 to George Corwin. She had one son by her first marriage (John Brooks) who apparently never married, and only two daughters from her second marriage (Penelope and Susanna).
- (more to be added)
- List of Mayflower passengers from Wikipedia
- Mayflower passenger list from Caleb Johnson's MayflowerHistory.com
- Mayflower DNA Project, sponsored by the General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD)
- Full Genomes Corp. A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- Family Tree DNA A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- YSEQ DNA Origins Project A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- YSEQ Mayflower Group Group for Y-DNA and mtDNA descendants of Mayflower Passengers and Allied Families
- Nevgen Y-DNA Haplogroup Predictor Predicts SNP Haplogroup based on STR markers. best if 67 or 111 STRs available
- Desire married second, Israel Holmes, but MF5G 11 part 2 (Doty) fails to list any Sherman Y-DNA descendants in the Fifth Generation.