From Mayflower DNA
As of October 6, 2020:
- Y-DNA Profiles created for all male Mayflower passengers who are known to have living Y-DNA descendants
- mtDNA Profiles created for all female Mayflower passengers (and spouses of male Mayflower passengers) who are known to have living mtDNA descendants
- Y-DNA Profiles created for many of the sons-in-laws of Mayflower Passengers who are known to have living Y-DNA descendants
Paternal lineages of Mayflower passengers
Surnames of Mayflower passengers and crew, with links to corresponding Y-DNA results pages, are listed below.
- according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mayflower_Society
- Most SNP results may still be further refined as more Y-DNA descendants of Mayflower Passengers obtain Next Generation Sequence (NGS)/Whole Genome Sequence (WGS) tests. Italics indicate the haplogroup is merely predicted based soley on STR testing and may not be precise. In some of these cases, the result could be inaccurate due to inadvertent errors in lineage tracing. See surname sub-pages for further details and references.
- Son Bartholomew returned to England where he married and had children. Whether he has any living Y-DNA descendants is unknown. Son Isaac is believed to only have had one son (Isaac) who died without issue.
- based on three daughters and one child of unknown gender, as described at Wikipedia and mayflowerhistory
- known descendants appear to be only via two of his daughters; only one son may have survived to adulthood, and it looks like not much is known about him (Wikipedia says only three daughters survived to adulthood); another potentially useful resource is http://www.coltechpub.com/hartgen/htm/chilton.htm
- son John died young, so no patrilineal descendants.
- Mayflower Increasings:42 (from MD 40:117 and Stratton:274) states he had a daughter Anna (of Colchester, England) filed marriage banns with Thomas Smith of Bury England at Leiden on 12/22 Dec 1618. It is possible they may have descendants living today.
- Pilgrim Hall Museum biography of John and Catherine Carver.
- See Caleb Johnson's MayflowerHistory.com profile of John Turner He may have had other sons, but the name is simply too common to make any serious attempt at documenting his family.
- List of Mayflower passengers from Wikipedia
- Mayflower passenger list from Caleb Johnson's MayflowerHistory.com
- Guide to the Silver Books and Facebook Group
- Mayflower DNA Project, sponsored by the General Society of Mayflower Descendants (GSMD)
- Full Genomes Corp. A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- Family Tree DNA A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- YSEQ DNA Origins Project A DNA testing company offering a variety of DNA tests
- YSEQ Mayflower Group Group for Y-DNA and mtDNA descendants of Mayflower Passengers and Allied Families
- Nevgen Y-DNA Haplogroup Predictor Predicts SNP Haplogroup based on STR markers. best if 67 or 111 STRs available
- Pilgrim Hall Museum
- Some Y-DNA (and mtDNA) descendants of Elder William Brewster & his wife Mary
- Geni.com Mayflower Passengers
© 2015-2022 mayflowerdna.org All Rights Reserved