Ralph Jones (Y-DNA)
Completed as of December 23, 2022:
- Patrilineal (direct male-line) descendants of Ralph Jones are encouraged to Y-DNA test and contact MayflowerDNA1620@gmail.com
Ralph Jones was born presumably in the British Isles circa 1625 and died Barnstable in 1692. He married Plymouth Col. 17 Apr 1650 Mary Fuller and they had nine children: Mary, Matthew, Mehitable, Shubal (1654), Jedediah (1656), John (1659), Mercy (1666), Ralph (1669) and Samuel.
Matthew Jones is said to have been the oldest son of Ralph He was born in Barnstable and died Sandwich Jul 1749. He married at least three times: First _______, second Barnstable 14 Jan 1694 Mercy Goodspeed and his will names wife Mary. By his first wife he had: Benjamin (1690 m Hannah Gifford) and Ralph (1692 m Abigail Linnell). By his second wife he had four more children: Experience (1697), Josiah (1702 likely d.y.), Ebenezer (1706 m Hannah Jones & Rebecca Crocker) and Rebecca.
Shubal Jones was born Barnstable 27 Aug 1654 and died Rochester, NY 11 May 1759. He married Mary Wing and they had children.
Jedediah Jones was born Barnstable 4 Jan 1656 and died Barnstable after 24 Dec 1719. He married Barnstable 18 Mar 1681 Hannah Davis and they had at least five children: Shubael (1683 m Mary Wing & Rebecca Wing), Simon (1685 married), Isaac (1690 m Patience Stetson), Timothy (1692 m Elizabeth Jones) and Hannah (1694).
- ↑ Date estimated based on married in 1650.
- ↑ No proof for this assertion.
- ↑ Some sources claim he married Barnstable 3 Mar 1735 Hannah Atkins and other sources state he married 24 Nov 1738 Elizabeth (____) Allen. It is possible he was husband to both.
DNA results TBD
Previous Y-DNA testing
The Jones surname DNA Project does not list anyone claiming Ralph Jones was their Most Distant Known Patrilineal Ancestor (MDKPA).
Further testing needed
Known patrilineal descendants of Ralph Jones are needed to Big Y test, contact MayflowerDNA1620@gmail.com and disclose their lineage in order to refine this clade assignment.
References & External Links
- MacGunnigle, Bruce Campbell, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations: vol. 4 Edward Fuller General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA. 2006