Completed as of October 1, 2020:
- Recruiting additional direct male-line Phineas Pratt descendants for further SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
- Y-SNP tested to R1b-P312>>U152>L2>DF103>>BY123080>>FT137491
Still to do as of October 1, 2020
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of Phineas Pratt to firmly place family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
Phineas Pratt was born in England about 1590 and died in Charlestown 19 Apr 1680. He emigrated in the Sparrow in 1622. Phineas married Mary Priest about 1633 and they had eight children: Mary, John, Samuel, Daniel, Peter, Mercy, Joseph and Aaron.
- died 19 Apr 1680 aged about 90 gravestone photo
DNA results R-FT137491
Previous Y-DNA testing
The Pratt Lineages & DNA Project Subgroup: "Haplogroup R1b - Lineage 3A (R-U152>L2>DF103>FGC4166>BY123080>FT31290)" lists 14 individuals (all STR matching each other). While only one of these individuals states their Most Distant Known Paternal Ancestor (MDKPA) was Phineas Pratt others list known close relatives of Phineas as their MDKPA. Two individuals have apparently taken the Big Y-700 test and they are assigned to the following Haplogroup: R1b-P312>ZZ11>U152>L2>DF103>FGC4166>BY123080>FT31290>FT29156>FT137491.
References & External Links
- Wakefield, Robert S., ed. Mayflower Families through Five Generations:Vol. 8: Degory PriestGeneral Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA 1994
- Lovelace, Jayne Pratt, The Pratt Directory. Rev. ed. Chandler, Ariz.: Ancestor House, 1995
- wikipedia bio of Phineas Pratt
- Pilgrim Hall bio of Phineas Pratt
- mermaidcamp bio of Mary (Priest) Pratt
- Plimouth.org "A Genealogical Profile of Phineas Pratt"