As of September 28, 2020
- Page created for Jane Lothrop, wife of Samuel Fuller (son of Edward Fuller)
- recruitment of individuals who are mtDNA descendants of Jane (Lothrop) Fuller. Folks who are mtDNA descendants are encouraged to contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing.genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
Jane Lothrop was baptized Egerton, Kent, England 29 Sep 1614, daughter of (Rev.) John Lothropp and Hannah Howse. Jane married Scituate 8 Apr 1635 Samuel Fuller (son of Edward Fuller). Jane and Samuel had nine children: Hannah (c1636), Samuel (1637/8), Elizabeth (1640), Sarah (1641-b1654), Mary (1644), Thomas (1651), Sarah (1654), John (1656), and an infant (1658-1658).
Hannah Fuller was born Scituate abt Jun 1636 and died aft Aug 1686. She married Barnstable 1 Jan 1658/9 Nicholas Bonham and they had eight children: Hannah (1659), Mary (1661), Sarah (1663/4), Elizabeth (c1666), Hezekiah (1667), Samuel (1672), Jane (1676-1676) and Priscilla (1677)
Elizabeth Fuller was likely born at Barnstable in 1640 and died Norwich, CT aft Oct 1683. She married Barnstable to Joseph Taylor.
Mary Fuller was baptized Barnstable 16 Jun 1644 and died Norwich, CT 11 Aug 1720. She married Haverhill 18 Nov 1674 Joseph Williams and they had four children before they moved to Norwich. Sarah (1675 m. John Roath), Mary (1677), John (1679) and Hannah (1683).
Sarah Fuller was born Barnstable 10 Dec 1654 and married ____ Crowe.
- Hannah Howse was born abt 1587 daughter of (Rev.) John Howse and Alice ____.
At the present time no matrilineal (all female line) descendant of Katherine (Whelden) Hopkins has publicly stated they have taken an mtDNA test. Individuals who believe they are a matrilineal descendant (in other words, who believe their mother's mother's mother's etc. mother was Katherine) are encouraged to take a full mtDNA test and to contact Raymond T. Wing (email: wing DOT genealogist AT gmail DOT com)
References and External Links
- MacGunnigle, Bruce Campbell, Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, vol. 4 Edward Fuller, General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA 2006
- Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Increasings From the Files of George Ernest Bowman at the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD, Second edition 1995, 1996. pp. 63-67
- Roser, Susan E., Mayflower Passenger References (from contemporary records & scholarly journals) Second Edition 2015, Canada [www.stewartbooks.com Stewart Publishing & Printing]
- Lathrop Genealogy