Difference between revisions of "Gibbs (Y-DNA)"
m (→DNA results R1b-FT129526)
m (→First Generation)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
Thomas Gibbs (II) was born Sandwich 23 Mar 1646/7, son of Thomas Gibbs and died there 7 Jan 1732/3. He married Sandwich 23 Dec 1674 [[
Thomas Gibbs (II) was born Sandwich 23 Mar 1646/7, son of Thomas Gibbs and died there 7 Jan 1732/3. He married Sandwich 23 Dec 1674 [[()#|Alice Warren]] and they had eight children (born Sandwich): Bethiah (1675), Abigail (c1677), Thomas (1678/9), Sarah (c1683), Warren (c1685), Ebenezer (c1687-c1725 unm.), Jabez (c1689-c1725 unm.) and Cornelius (c1691).
Latest revision as of 21:56, 3 April 2022
- 1 Status summary
- 2 Biography
- 3 DNA results R1b-FT129526
- 4 References & External Links
Completed as of April 15, 2021:
- Recruiting direct male-line descendants of Thomas Gibbs for SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact MayflowerDNA1620@gmail.com
Still to do as of April 15, 2021
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of Thomas Gibbs (and preferably of his son Thomas (II)) to place the family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
Thomas Gibbs (II) was born Sandwich 23 Mar 1646/7, son of Thomas Gibbs and died there 7 Jan 1732/3. He married Sandwich 23 Dec 1674 Alice Warren and they had eight children (born Sandwich): Bethiah (1675), Abigail (c1677), Thomas (1678/9), Sarah (c1683), Warren (c1685), Ebenezer (c1687-c1725 unm.), Jabez (c1689-c1725 unm.) and Cornelius (c1691).
Thomas Gibbs (III) was born Sandwich 28 Jan 1678/9 and died there abt 1745. He married twice, first Sandwich 22 Oct 1713 Joanna Swift and second Sandwich 22 Oct 1728 Dorothy ___ Jenkins. By his first wife he had three children (born Sandwich): Experience 1714, Elizabeth 1717 and Joanna 1719. By his second wife he had one more child (born Sandwich): Solomon (1729/30).
Warren Gibbs was born Sandwich abt 1685 and died aft 25 Feb 1764. He married Little Compton (now in RI) Abigail Hilliard and they had eight children (born Little Compton): Phebe (1714), Nathaniel Warren (1715/6), Deborah (1717), Thomas (1721), Ambrose (1722/3 unk if marr), Jabez (1725), John (1727-1735) and Abigail (1731).
Cornelius Gibbs was born Sandwich abt 1691 and died there 31 Dec 1748. He married Sandwich 9 Nov 1716 Meribah Perry and they had six children: Sarah (1717), Ebenezer (1719/20 nfr), Susannah (1723), Thomas (1727 unk if marr), Nathan (1729) and Eunice (1732).
- After Cornelius' death, Meribah married Easton 9 Nov 1757 William Churchill.
DNA results R1b-FT129526
Previous Y-DNA testing
The Gibbs Surname DNA Project Group: The Massachusetts Bay Colony Gibbs Clade - R1b1a2 and the Gibbs Surname DNA Project lists one individual claiming Thomas Gibbs as their Most Distant Known Paternal Ancestor (MDKPA). This group also had a number of Matthew Gibbs descendants, so it clear Matthew and Thomas were closely related.
Two<ref?There is a third Big Y-700 test, but it is unknown whether this individual descends from Thomas or Matthew.</ref> Matthew Gibbs descendants have taken a Big Y-700 test and found to fall under: R-P312>ZZ11>U152>L2>Z49>Z142>Z51>L562>BY158668>BY66388>FT129526.
Lineage of Y-DNA testers
The Gibbs Surname DNA Project does list the lineage of several testers, including the following descendants of Thomas Gibbs.
Thomas Gibbs (c1615-1692/3) Samuel Gibbs (1639-1732) Samuel Gibbs (1688-1772) Josiah Gibbs (1729-1780) Josiah Gibb (1762-p1850) Seth Gibbs (bp1793-1872) Seth W. Gibbs (1816-1865) William Wesley Gibbs (1841-p1900) William Wesley Gibbs (1873- ) William Stafford Gibbs (1900-1966) father of tester tester John Gibbs (1644-1725) John Gibbs (1670-1736) John Gibbs (1699-p1778) Isaac Gibbs (1752- ) Leonard Gibbs (1775-1829) Isaac Adin Gibbs (1807-1856) Charles Rollin Gibbs (1835-1903) Robert Adin Gibbs (1874- ) father of tester tester
Further needed testing
We need additional direct male-line descendants of Thomas Gibbs (and preferably of his son Thomas [II]) to WGS/NGS test to confirm the single Thomas Gibbs line as well as possibly further refine the haplogroup/clade prediction for the family.
- But communication with a member of this group reveals where he recruited several descendants of Thomas Gibbs to Y-DNA test.
- NGS/WGS testing of multiple descendants may help reveal their exact relationship.
References & External Links
- (Phinney) Brownson, Lydia B. and MacLean W. McLean, Thomas1 Gibbs of Sandwich, Mass. (ca. 1615-1693), "Genealogies of Mayflower Families, Vol. II"
- Wakefield, Robert S., Mayflower Families through Five Generations, Vol. 18 part II (daughters Mary, Annna & Elizabeth), General Society of Mayflower Descendants, Plymouth, MA, 2011