Caleb Wright (Y-DNA)
From Mayflower DNA
Completed as of December 22, 2022:
- Recruiting direct male-line descendants of Caleb Wright for SNP testing - anyone interested in submitting their DNA for testing should contact MayflowerDNA1620@gmail.com
Still to do as of December 22, 2022
- NGS/WGS test multiple descendants of Caleb Wright to place the family clade as well as test descendants to discover any subclades unique to descendants lines
Caleb Wright, son of Nicholas Wright and Ann ___ was born Sandwich 1645 and died Oyster Bay 5 Feb 1695[/6?]. It is possible he married aft 1673 Elizabeth Dickinson and they had three children William (168_), Elizabeth (16__) and Penelope (168_).
William Wright was born Oyster Bay, NY 8 Dec 168_ (year worn off) and died there 9 Nov 1759. He married about 1706 Elizabeth Rhodes and they had five children: John (1707 m Zeruiah ___), Ann (1710), Mary (1714), Sarah (1719) and Caleb (1730-1752 unm.)
- ↑ After Caleb's death, Elizabeth married Gershom Lockwood, but they had no children.
- ↑ Births in Oyster Bay records, but year worn off. All named in Caleb's will, dated 2 Feb 1695.
DNA results TBD
[The https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Wright?iframe=ycolorized Wright Surname Y-DNA Project] currently does not list anyone claiming Nicholas Wright (father of Caleb) as their Most Distant Known Patrilineal Ancestor (MDKPA).
References & External Links
- White, Elizabeth Pearson, John Howland of the Mayflower, Vol. IV (daughter Elizabeth), Picton Press, Rockport, Maine, 1990, 2008
- Bartley, Scott Andrew, "Who is Elizabeth, wife of Caleb Wright of Oyster Bay, Long Island?", Mayflower Descendant 55:4-12