As of November 25, 2020:
- Little opportunity for mtDNA testing
- Low priority
Sarah Allerton was likely born at East Bergholt, Sussex the daughter of Bartholomew Allerton and Mary (Unknown). She was the sister (eldest?) of Isaac Allerton. Sarah married three times: first (likely in England) John Vincent, second, Leiden 4 Nov 1611 and last, Leiden 13 Nov 1621 to Godbert Godbertson (aka Cuthbert Cuthbertson). Both Sarah and Godbert died between Jul - Oct 1633 in Plymouth.
Sarah is not known to have had any children by her first husband. By her second husband (Degory Priest) she had two daughters: Mary & Sarah. By her last husband she had one son Samuel.
Mary Priest was born about 1612 She married about 1630 Phineas Pratt. They had eight children: Mary, John, Samuel, Daniel, Peter, Mercy, Joseph and Aaron.
Sarah Priest was born about 1615 She married about 1632 to John Coombs. They had two sons: John and Francis.
Summary of findings
- NEHGR 173(2019):203
- Estimate, based on oldest child and date of parents marriage
- Estimate, based on younger child.
- Townsend, Mrs. Charles D., Robert S. Wakefield and Margaret H. Stover, ed. by Margaret H. Stover, Mayflower Families through Five Generations: vol. 8: Priest General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 2008
- Roser, Susan E. Mayflower Passenger References (from Contemporary Records and Scholarly Journals) Stewart Publishing Co., Canada, 2nd ed. 2015, pp. 312-15
- Anderson, Robert Charles, The Mayflower Migration: Immigrants to Plymouth, 1620 New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, MA 2020, pp. 141-43